Wednesday, January 15, 2014

A few photos of Limerick from 1996/1997


I came across a photo album while cleaning the apartment on Sunday. Being the procrastinator I am, I paused my dusting to look through it. It contained photos of Limerick throughout the years and I snapped some quick smartphone shots of a few.


1996: When we first got Limerick, her mane was a spiky poofy mess. My mom and I tried in vain to get it to lay on the so-called correct side of her neck but it refused to cooperate. So to the left it went, and to the left it has remained.


1997: One of two or three shows I rode Lim in. We may look calm here but in reality she became a ball of nerves at shows and I spent much of my saddle time trying to keep her from running off with me. Her last show with me was in 1997 or 1998.


1996: The first posed photos taken of Limerick (my dad was the photographer and I held her). Posing her was easy thanks to her eagle-like sight. She spied people jumping on a backyard trampoline nearly a mile away and, head high, hardly took her eyes off them. Note the mane on the right side of her neck.

No comments: