Friday, January 13, 2012

Improving feet and vet appointment next week

I'm happy to report that Lim's feet appear to be much more comfortable. I free-lunged her at the walk and trot last weekend (I didn't want to ask for the canter just yet) and I was pleasantly surprised by how well she moved. She moved freely and quietly, with no discomfort.

However, I do know that the arthritis in her left hind hock is bothering her. So with all this in mind, I've decided to try riding her this weekend at the walk and trot. She appears comfortable enough for it and the extra movement will be helpful for her arthritis.

I also made an appointment with the vet for Thursday the 19th. I asked that she give Lim an Adequan injection booster and also requested lateral radiographs of each fore hoof.

Fingers crossed that Lim continues to improve and I can ride her again regularly. I sure miss being on my silly mare's back.

No comments: