Thursday, December 6, 2012

Perennial top sire Pulpit has passed away

I got a text from a friend this morning that there was a rumor Pulpit had a heart attack, and I replied that I hoped it was truly a rumor. Sadly, that wasn't the case. I know the stallion was a favorite, both personality and career-wise, with the Claiborne crew--they must be devastated.

I am thankful that we got to see him in October this year. He looked wonderful--his coat glowed with health, and he was proud and confident. He carefully took peppermints from the groom and posed regally for us all. His eyes reflected traces of the amber hue passed down by his legendary paternal grandsire, Seattle Slew. "He has those Slew eyes," I had told my husband at the time. Little did we know that he would be gone in less than two months.

Rest in peace, big guy.





No comments: